Huevos Rancheros, a traditional Mexican farm dish typically served during the mid-morning, consists of fried eggs served over lightly charred corn tortillas topped with salsa fresca, refried beans, Mexican rice, guacamole and fresh cilantro.
- 2 TB avocado oil can also use olive oil
- 1 pkg 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup black beans cooked and drained
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 TB fresh cilantro diced
- 1 TB chipoltes in adobo finely chopped
- 1 TB queso fresco
- 1/4 avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- Heat the oil in a small skillet on medium heat. Add the tortilla and cook for 30 seconds on each side, until it becomes slightly crispy. Use tongs to remove the tortilla to a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Saute chipotles and garlic and cumin in a skillet with vegetable oil. Add the tomatoes and chipotles simmer until thick. Add the eggs until set.
- To layer the huevos rancheros, add the tortilla to a plate. Top with black beans, tomato and egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the diced tomato, cilantro and cotija cheese on top Slice the avocado and add a couple slices to the plate
Join the SoL Club
Roughly once a month, you'll receive an email with updates on current happenings and an invitation to honor our bounty through our CSA.
You have the choice to opt out every time.